The Pharr EDC uses incentive programs and community partnerships to attract targeted investments and facilitate economic growth throughout the city. The goal of
these incentives and development programs is to encourage businesses to expand or locate a business in Pharr. The City of Pharr is committed to providing the best possible
incentives to grow the economy and promote strong, balanced development in our region.
City of Pharr Incentives
The Pharr EDC will customize incentives based on the investment size, project type, number of jobs created, and other relevant considerations. To qualify for incentives, a company must be willing to provide the requested financial information, including federal tax returns for the previous 3 years. All information will be kept confidential. Afterwards, the Pharr EDC will prepare an incentives offer and submit it for approval.
Job creation incentives are used to support new and existing companies in Pharr. A company must be considered a primary job creator to qualify. As a result, startups and smaller companies are not usually considered for job creation incentives. However, companies may also qualify for other programs such as tax abatements, infrastructure incentives, and small business loans.
State of Texas Incentives
The State of Texas also offers a variety of economic incentive programs, including:
- Texas Enterprise Fund
- Texas Small Business Fund
- Emerging Technology Program
- Texas Enterprise Zone Program
- Texas Capital Fund Infrastructure Program
- Texas Product Development Fund
- Texas Capital Fund Real Estate Development Program
- Pollution Control Equipment Incentive
- Rural Municipal Finance Program
- Economic Development Refund
- State Sales and Use Tax Exemptions
- Tax Exempt Industrial Revenue Bonds
- Texas Industry Development Program
- Texas Leverage Fund
- Cancer Prevention and Research Bonds
- Texas Economic Development Act
- Renewable Energy Incentives
- Permit Assistance
- Moving Image Industry Incentive Program
- Economic Development and Diversification In-State Tuition for Employees
Grow With Pharr
The Pharr EDC will customize incentives based on the investment size, project type, number of jobs created, and other relevant considerations.
Contact us for Opportunities
Learn more about project specific opportunities, reach out to our business development team!